Frequently asked questions
For your first appointment, please bring along the following:
- A medical referral so you can claim Medicare fees due to you.
- Your Medicare card so we can bill Medicare directly.
- Any medical history and scans or x-rays so we can make the most of your time with A/Professor Danta.
If you would like to discuss this beforehand, or would like any further details, please contact us
A referral is essential to be able to claim the Medicare rebate for your consultation. It also improves the communication with your primary doctor.
Consultations are usually on Wednesdays, although there is occasional flexibility. Please contact our Practice Manager for current details.
A number of bus stops and train stations are located close by. For more information contact the Transport Information Line on tel: 131 500 or visit their website.
The following routes pass the hospital:
- 311 - Railway Square to City - Millers Point via Darlinghurst, Kings Cross, Elizabeth Bay, Potts Point, Woolloomooloo and City - Town Hall.
- 333 - North Bondi to City - Circular Quay LIMITED STOPS (PrePay-only) via Bondi Beach, Bondi Junction, Paddington and Darlinghurst
- 352 - Marrickville Metro to Bondi Junction via Newtown, The University of Sydney, Chippendale, Surry Hills, Darlinghurst and Paddington.
- 380 - North Bondi to City - Circular Quay via Bondi Beach, Bondi Junction, Paddington and Darlinghurst
- 389 - North Bondi to Pyrmont via Bondi Junction, Woollahra, Paddington, Darlinghurst, East Sydney, City, The Star and Maritime Museum.
- 440 - Bronte to Rozelle via Waverley, Bondi Junction, Paddington, Darlinghurst, Central Station, Annandale and Leichhardt.
- M40 - From Chatswood to Bondi Junction via City
The closest station is Kings Cross, on the Eastern Suburbs Line. We are a 15 minute walk along Victoria Street.
A/Prof Danta will explain the procedure to you at your appointment. We have also a prepared info sheet here for you. See link
A/Prof Danta will explain the procedure to you at your appointment. We have also a prepared info sheet here for you. Download Colonoscopy preparation info sheet here (afternoon procedure)
Fibroscan uses an ultrasound wave to determine how much liver scarring or fibrosis without the need for a biopsy. It can also measure the fat content of the liver. The procedure takes 10 minutes and gives an immediate result. This can be performed at the time of the consultation.
For urgent medical advice, you should contact your GP or the local Emergency Department.